This little book is part of the Mindfulness Essentials series and is by the well known Zen teachers, Thich Nhat Hanh. He emphasizes the importance of perspective and being open. To work towards being able to look deeply and truthfully into ourselves and others. It’s crucial that we look beyond our past and to accept who we are to help ourselves to advance in life.
I really liked that I can just pick up this book and read one or two pages as a reminder. Very often these words of wisdom resonated with me at that moment in time. Definitely great to have around!
1. A Magical Girl is always polite! So be polite! Display the Magical Girl Tag Logo, thank the one who tagged you and if you want tag creator to thank you for participating, tag Pinkie’s original post as well! That last one is optional though!
2. A good magical girl gets the job done! Answer all the prompts! But do it like yourself! Come up with your own ideas, or compare it with other anime or video games! Anything goes! Just get the job done!
3. A good Magical girl always makes friends! Tag at least 2 people! More is optional! There is no 4! That would be bad luck!
4. A Magical girl is not defined by gender! Feel free to tag anyone!
1. A Magical Creature descended from the skies! It is telling you, you are a magical girl! Describe this magical messenger! What is it.. where is it from?!
This messenger would be an unicorn. It flew among the clouds and descended from the sky.
2. Your creature tells you about an evil force from afar! What is this evil force?! What is their goal?!
This evil force would turn best friends into enemies.
3. The creature then tells you, you hold a great virtue, it is the reason you have been selected! What is this reason!
I was very friendly and could talk to anyone!
4. After the exposition, a monster shows up at your doorstep! It is time to transform! What is your transformation item?!
It would be a pair of sunglasses!
5. Transformation scene time! How do you look as a magical girl?! What is your power and signature attack?!
Think Trinity from the Matrix! My power to run across walls and a mean flying side kick helped a lot!
6. Catchphrase time! Name some of those lines you repeat in every episode.. and tell us when you use them! This can be a transformation phrase.. or just something cool you keep repeating!
“Chocolate makes it all better!”
7. Are you a solo magic girl?! Do you work in a team?! Are you the first recruit or a supportive one?!
I would work solo….
8. Every magical girl has a goal in her normal life as well! What would your goal be?!
To sleep more
9. What is the dark twist to your being a magical girl?!
Thank you, Straps Away for these super cool car strap holders!
Who Is Straps Away?
1) Why and when did you start your business?
The concept of StrapsAway was born the first time I went to put my oldest son in his car seat, to take him home from the hospital. The straps and buckles kept calling into the seat where I needed to place him!
Fast forward 4 years and I now had three little boys, all in car seats, and those buckles were always in the way and getting twisted! So my mom and I sat down to think of a solution, and we came up with StrapsAway! It was not an overnight invention. In fact, it took years of trials and researching and consulting with professionals, but we got it perfect and launched official just over a year ago. It’s been more successful than we could have imagined. Apparently I wasn’t the only parent tired of untwisting straps at the side of my car in the pouring rain and with planking children!
2) What was your background?
My mom was a nurse before raising her 9 children. I was a Sales Manager in the tradeshow and convention industry before stopping to raise my 3 sons.
3) Some interesting facts about your product?
There are many interesting facts! They are invented and handmade by us here in Calgary. Also, we source as many of our materials as possible from other Canadian companies. The magnets we use are neodymium rare earth magnets, which are the strongest possible for that size. They work so well!
We donate a portion of every sale to “charity: water” because we’re passionate about families around the world having access to the necessities of life.
They comply with all Transport Canada and Health Canada Guidelines.
4) Finally, anything else you would like to share?
Our website is strapsaway.com and we have a great following on Instagram @strapsaway where we also share entertaining parenting tips.
We have 12 children between us so we have more than a few stories to tell.
Hence, if there’s anything else you need or are curious about just let me know!
The instant I opened the box, I could smell the lychee scent already!! Thank you, Amie Aromas, for the lovely candles!
1) Why and when did you start your business?
Our names are Kim and Theresa. We started this business venture right when the pandemic struck – March 2020. Although it was a daunting time, we wanted to find a silver lining in the madness we were living through and decided what better way to make use of our time than to start a candle business.
To back trace a bit, we’re best friends and have been for the last 10 years. We wanted to start a business venture that was driven by a common passion, which happens to be all things luxury and beauty. Of course, we wouldn’t be able to venture into everything within that realm and so we decided on our own candle line.
Through our brand we ultimately want to provide our customers with a luxury experience from the point of purchase to the first time they light the candle.
Fun fact, one of the most common ways we greet each other is “chao ban” which is “hello friend” in Vietnamese. We originally thought of the brand name “ban”, but figured it may get lost in translation.
2) Next, what was your background?
Kim and Theresa are both Canadian born Vietnamese raised in Toronto, Ontario. Kim recently graduated with a degree in Chemistry while Theresa’s background is in HR. We are both currently working the typical 9-5 lifestyle. It wouldn’t be the first time for anyone to say the 9-5 can be stale, however to compensate we thrive when it comes to our main passion, amie aromas. Fun random facts about us: We are big animal lovers and hope to give back to the community one day through amie aromas We are big on travelling and, Exploring the city to discover to restaurants to eating
3) Any interesting facts about your product?
All of our scents are custom made by a certified fragrance chemist from the American Society of Perfumers. We work with the chemist to help develop scents we feel are both unique and that we love. Through this partnership, we are able to experience the fun, unique process while building our knowledge of complex fragrances. Ultimately we have the opportunity and flexibility to set a vision for our fragrance line, which they help bring to life.
We also care about sustainability and want to aim for our product to be as environmentally conscious as possible. From the candle container, the labels, and the packaging, all of the aspects are thought out to be supportive of the environment.
4) Finally, anything else you would like to share:)
Additional facts about our candles are that they are hand poured soy wax candles that are non-GMO, phthalate-free with a lead-free cotton wick. We are currently working on our upcoming Fall line and are very excited
How fortunate we were to be able to enjoy some time together on this Father’s Day!
Big gatherings weren’t allowed yet, but small ones were valued even more as restrictions were being lifted. Nothing fancy or grande, just some takeout and deliveries to share with the fathers in our lives.
I hope that all the fathers, godfathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, and uncles in the world had a great day!
Thank you OG Designs for my customized planter! Remember to don’t stop BELEAFING!
Who Is OG Designs?
I started og designs during the pandemic like most other people. I worked in the beauty industry and was out of work and needed an outlet for my creativity. My hubby and I just moved back to the burbs from Yaletown at the same time.
The OG in OG Designs stands for Original Gould, my maiden name.
For those who got blamed for most of the bad situations or happenings around the home or work place, this quote would be a good reminder. It often only took one or two mistakes. Then, from then on, those toxic family or friends to continue to point fingers at that particular Individual for all the future problems.
Let’s be honest. Who didn’t make any mistakes in their life? No one was perfect ever. Constantly, harassing others gave those people with low sense of self-worth a big ego boost. Instead of supporting others, stepping over others like stepping stones made them feel better and more superior.
When others made mistakes, it’s important to be kind about it. It could be frustrating. However, would you prefer to destroy the relationship and have no more future with that individual.
Or would you want that individual to curse you under the breath and look for a time to have their revenge?
However, this quote was a great way to face those who weren’t able to remove themselves from their chronic offenders. Sometimes, it’s not always possible to cut those toxic people out because of certain situations. Life could be complicated and cruel.